January 16, 2010

You May Be The Champion But I'm The Princess

Haylee and Madyson spent the night with us last night. This morning Papa got up and fixed them "Happy Face" Pancakes and Chocolate Milk. Reminded me of when Daisha and Richie Von were little. I really miss that time of my life sometimes ~ But at the same time we really enjoy these times with our Granddaughters. After breakfast and a little cartoon time they both were in the living room floor with their Papa wrestling. Such a deja' vu...this is exactly what took place most Saturday mornings when the kids were little. Pancakes ~ Chocolate Milk ~ Cartoons ~ Wrestling Match (where something of mine usually got broke). Anyway, Richie Von must have been a little claustrophobic because inevitably he would be crying saying something like "I can't breath" or "Dad, you're hurting my leg". Daisha on the other hand would just be laughing and wiggling her way out of her Daddy's hold. This would continue for 30 to 45 minutes and Daddy was always the Champion. This morning's wrestling match was no different. Haylee took on her Daddy's role ~ when Papa would get her in a hold or have her pinned in his legs she would start crying "Papa, I can't breath" or "Papa, you're hurting my leg". He would then let her go and she, like her daddy, would keep coming back for more. Madyson however, took on her Momma's role, laughing and wiggling out of Papa's hold and like Haylee kept coming back for more. The three of them kept this up for about 30 to 45 minutes then Papa finally came up off the floor with his arms raised in triumph screaming "I'm the Champion". As he was boasting about being the Champion I looked over at Madyson. She was putting on her Pink Princess Shoes, her Princess Crown and her Pink Purse on her arm. She looked at her Papa and said matter-of-factly, "You may be the Champion but I'm the Princess". Richie and I looked at each other at the same time, started laughing and then thought about how her prissy, pink and precious little three year old mind was working. She truely thought that being the "Princess" was better than being the champion. What a priceless memory for us.

No comments:

The Schuler Family

Established January 2, 1982