July 09, 2009

Taking Care of the Pool

Taking care of the swimming pool is not quite as easy as I thought it would be. I really love the laying out and relaxing part, the watching my grandbabies splash and play in it, but the cleaning part has a lot to be desired. This morning I was a little ahead of schedule so as I was finishing up drying my hair I thought, "I have a little extra time before I have to run to Sapulpa and pick up Madyson and Sadie so I'll start the pool vacuum." I put my hair dryer up, my brushes back in the drawer and headed out to the pool. I always check the skimmer first to see if it needs to be emptied of "BUGS". If it only has two or three bugs I leave it to clean out after the vacuum is finished. I took the skimmer cover off, looked inside and saw only about three or four bugs. As I took a closer look there was something against the side of the skimmer. Something grayish looking, maybe even fuzzy????. I thought, "that looks like hair or fuzz. Crap, (I know, I shouldn't say that word) but... Crap, I have to pull the skimmer out to clean it before I can start the vacuum". I turned off the pump and as the water stopped moving and to my disgust that ~ grayish looking, maybe even fuzzy looking ~ thing was actually...geeze... (you're gonna love this Trista) a dead frog. A dead frog...sucked to the side of my skimmer. Crap (I know, there's that no-no word again), I don't want to do this. I don't want to even look at this. Where the heck is Richie right now. He'll do this for me. Oh yeah, he's at work. I was so creeped out. Now I have to get that "DEAD FROG" out of my skimmer before I can start the vacuum. OK - it's dead - I can do this - there's soap and water in the house in case I touch that disgusting thing. Well, my skimmer has a handle on it and you have to turn it a tad to unlock it to pull it out to clean it. Really, all I have to do is pull up the handle, turn the skimmer to the unlock position, pull it out of the holder and dump the creepy contents. Right, it SHOULD be that easy. Well, the skimmer got stuck and my pulling on it dislodged the frog. It all happened so fast. That stupid frog floated up and touched my fingers. I screamed so loud I know I woke up the neighbors that were still sleeping, and as I was yanking my hands out and away from the skimmer I soaked my shirt and my hair with water from the skimmer. Needless to say I'm now late to pick up the girls because I have to change my shirt and redry the front part of my hair.
"Stupid dead frog"

No comments:

The Schuler Family

Established January 2, 1982