December 17, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

Christmas this year... Well, Sunday I was really wishing for a miracle, more like praying for a miracle. I was hoping Richie would surprise me and come home for Christmas but I know "It ain't gonna happen". Had me a little pitty party Sunday, (don't worry, it was a short one), but I'm better today. One thing I do to put my attitude back into check is get busy doing "anything". I've been painting the inside of our home. I started with the entry hall, took Daisha & Amy's advise and went wild (for Barbie) on a color called "Earth Green". I had a lot of help from Daisha and a little from Madyson. I like it. After that project I started down the hallway to the living room and now into the kitchen. I still need a second coat on a small area in the kitchen and need to finish painting the rest of the trim and the main part of the house will be done. I wanted at least this much done before Christmas. Yeah!!! Please, any company needs to stay out of the army room. That's my "work" area and if by chance you do see it, please don't let Richie know what it looks like. I promise I'll have it cleaned up before he's home.
I also keep busy getting Christmas gifts bought and wrapped for the girls. I did most of my shopping on line. Now I didn't do it online because I'm lazy, I did it because I didn't want to fight the crowd. It works for me and I still have my Christmas smile. I have a few more things to do before I'm finished but for the most part I am done.
I decorated my tree in Red & White with lots of Candy Cane's. Haylee came in and saw the presents and said, "Mimi, can we open them". I told her we still have 20 days till Christmas. She put the sad face on but only a few seconds and asked to watch a Christmas movie.
I also keep busy spending time with my little Princessess. I can't tell you how much they mean to me. Life is smiles with these little beauties..

2 comments:

Barbie said...

I think you might be the luckiest lady on the face of the earth. Looks as if God has blessed you so much. What a wonderful family. People all over the world would love to have the joy, happiness, and love that you have. The reason i know this is because I'm part of it. How lucky we truly are. Love you. Richie

Anonymous said...

I think you might be the luckiest lady on the face of the earth. Looks as if God has blessed you so much. What a wonderful family. People all over the world would love to have the joy, happiness, and love that you have. The reason i know this is because I'm part of it. How lucky we truly are. Love you. Richie

The Schuler Family

Established January 2, 1982