December 18, 2008

Ouch!

Talked to Richie via email on Monday. He said he had a "little" accident. Apparently he got his thumb closed/smashed in a door of his Helicopter and the back part of his nail popped out. Yeah, that's right, I said the back part of his nail popped out. I can't even think about this without cringing. Now, anyone who knows me knows how low my pain tolerance is so as I'm reading his discription of his thumb, his nail bed and the pain I got sick to my stomach. One of the medics that was on his flight told him to go to the TMC, get the nail removed and it'll heal faster. My immediate email back to him was "Well, duh, and also you won't be snagging it on WHATEVER. I said, "Get the nail removed and let me know how your doing." His response, "I'm not coming off the flight schedule for this, I'll just suck it up awhile, take my advil and tylenol." Tuesday night he was able to Skype me and proceeded to put his thumb up to the Webcam to show it to me. No, I didn't look and yes, he laughed at me. Men... I do miss him!!!

No comments:

The Schuler Family

Established January 2, 1982