March 14, 2009

Making Monkey Bread with my Girls!

Last Saturday was such a great day for Mimi (that's me). I got up early because Haylee had a soccer game in Oologah that I wanted to watch (she scored a goal ~ for her team ~ yeah Haylee). I'd made plans with Richie Von and Amy earlier in the week for Haylee to spend Saturday night with me, so, after the game I went back to their house to pick up her clothes for church and her jammies. I ended up taking both Haylee and Jamison home with me so Richie Von and Amy could have a much needed fun afternoon. (They are way too busy and they really needed some fun relaxing time together) Anyway, Haylee asked me on the way home, "Mimi, what are we gonna do today." I told her we were going to Aunt Daisha's to make Monkey Bread. She said "Mimi, I want to make Cheetah Bread." I had to stop a minute for my mind to unravel what she said. ~You think maybe she thought we were gonna make bread in the shape of a Monkey~ yep, I think so. I couldn't help but laugh under my breath. Once I got that straightened out in my head I explained to her what Monkey Bread was. Well, once we got to Sand Spring I had to make a stop at my house to drop off the luggage, take a bathroom and change of diaper break, pick up the bunt cake pan (Aunt Daisha doesn't have one?) then we headed to Aunt Daisha's for more fun with Madyson. We made "Monkey Bread" while Jamison sat in the high chair with Cheerio's and Juice and Aunt Daisha took pictures and made a video of the fun. We had a messy blast and made more memories together.

Madyson, Mimi and Haylee

They hated their hand being dirty. Many wash rag breaks.

Cheerio's, Juice and a smile from "Little Bit"

Into the oven.

No comments:

The Schuler Family

Established January 2, 1982