March 01, 2009

My Thanks to Amy & Trista

Daisha's baby shower was the last Saturday in February. I started planning it around the middle of January. I made the invitations, mailed them out 4 weeks ahead,

I ordered the cake to look like the invitations,

purchased the ingredients for the punch, picked out all the decorations, you get the picture. The day of the shower Katie was suppose make the punch and Amy was picking up the cake so I could go early to Daisha's, help her clean the house and put up all the decorations. I made all these plans so the day of the shower there'd be no stress. I was so excited...then all heck broke loose.

I got sick the Tuesday night before the shower. My body was in pain, I was running a high fever that I couldn't break, my head was killing me so I ended up on Thursday morning (finally) at the Urgent Care Center. The bad news: I have the flu, I'm not allowed to be around children, I'm not allowed to be around older people and I not allowed to be around my pregnant daughter. All that planning and preparation and I was not even getting to go...that's right, I did not get to go to my own daughters baby shower. :`( But there is a great ending to this sad story, I had two special people in my family that pulled it all together without blinking and eye. They wanted Daisha's baby shower to be as special as I wanted it to be. Thank God for Amy and Trista. They came through and did everything that needed to be done to make sure Daisha had a great baby shower. I can't thank them enough. They are the best.

Again, thanks girls, I love you two. You're the best.

Sidenote: Earlier that day Daisha said, "Mom, turn on your Skype, I'll turn on my Skype and you can watch while I open my gifts and join in on our conversations. It'll almost be like being there." Well, no it wasn't, but, it was better than nothing. All in all she had a great shower.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love that cake! It looks amazing!

The Schuler Family

Established January 2, 1982