January 01, 2009

A New Year

Here we are, starting another New Year, January 1, 2009. It amazes me how quickly the years pass the older I get. I've often wondered why, not that it really matters. Maybe as we get older we appreciate our lives more and want to slow it down to saver everything we do and every moment we have with those we love. Richie and I have never really done anything special to bring in the new year. No traditions, no parties, none of those grand "get togethers", but we've never been bored per say on the New Years Eve's we've spent together. This year Richie wasn't home to spend my December 31st with. I did talk to him via our laptops thanks to "Skype.com" and even though he's a million miles away from home I feel him here with me. I ate my black eyed peas and some greens, I asked him if he had his and he said he didn't have any there to eat, (kinda made me sad, why, I don't know) and to tell you the truth I've really never understood why we do that. My kids never would eat the "regular" black eyed peas so a few years ago I came across a recipe called "Texas Caviar" and everyone loves it, especially my nephew Brandon. Daisha ate her one bite on a corn chip and Richie Von and Amy called me last night while they were at the grocery store so I could tell them the ingredients they needed to make it. I sent some home with Michael and my brother Robert just sent R.J. to my door to get some of the delectable dish for their household. I guess there is one tradition we have for this Holiday, eating black eyed peas. Did you have yours?

No comments:

The Schuler Family

Established January 2, 1982