January 02, 2009

Our 27th Wedding Anniversary

I think I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. I met Richie in 1975, he was sitting on the ground, leaning against the wheel of a car in his baseball uniform at Douglas Park. He said hello to me, I said hello back and that was about it. He was this skinny guy but soooo cute.
Our next encounter was a few weeks later. He gave me a prank phone call at a friend's grandmothers house I was staying over night with. He started calling me, and the next time we saw each other was at Bruce Eubanks house, shortly after that (June 20, 1975) we were a couple. He can't believe I remember that date!!!
Long story Short: We dated each other a couple of years, broke up a couple of years and started dating again in the early summer of 1981. He proposed in July of 81 and we set the date of our wedding, January 2, 1982. (We had to work around his college baseball schedule of course)
Our wedding day was memorable, our honeymoon is still our secret and our life since has been blessed. What more could a girl ask for! He's perfection in my eye's and in my heart.
These last 27 years I have lived with, laughed with, cried with and loved this man. He's my best friend, the father of our kids, a Papa to our grandchildren and I thank God every day we have each other. He is MESM. (You'll have to ask us what that means and where we got it). I Love You MESM.

No comments:

The Schuler Family

Established January 2, 1982